If you are looking to use SMS through the web portal (UCP) please visit the other article on this topic.
How to enable SMS on device(s)
- Go to Call Routing > Inbound to view a list of DIDs.
- Edit the DID you want to use for SMS and go to Call Flow.
- Select which extensions should subscribe to the DID's inbound SMS capabilities.
- Go to Extensions > Manage to view a list of your extensions.
- Edit an extension.
- Set the SMS CallerID to the number.
- Apply Changes
Please Note: You no longer need to "Activate" a number for SMS... They are automatically activated when ported over to PrimeVOX.
The initial "subscription" to SMS in the DID settings allows the system to route inbound SMS messages to particular extensions. This causes 1-way SMS. So, you must enable outbound (for two-way SMS) by editing the extension and setting the SMS CallerID field.
Notice, you cannot perform SMS on a non-SMS-enabled number.
Notice, a number must be ported to the PrimeVOX tandem to work with SMS. The number should be on SPID 979E - BANDWIDTH CLEC. Version 2 will support more carriers like Bandwidth, Inteliquent, Peerless, Telnyx, and Twilio. No ETA on version 2.
Notice, group texting and MMS do not yet work.