What is Call Forwarding?
Call Forwarding will take all incoming calls to a specific extension and forward them to either another extension or outside phone number.
Please note: all missed calls will then be sent to the voicemail of the extension or outside phone number the calls have been forwarded to - there is no way to have the calls return to the original extension's voicemail. For those that do not wish to expose incoming calls to an outside voicemail, PrimeVOX recommends utilizing our softphone application (for either iPhone or Android devices) instead of forwarding calls. This is particularly important for phone calls that may contain HIPAA-protected information.
How Do I ENABLE Call Forwarding?
- Start by dial *62 on your phone. The following prompt will play:
Call Forwarding is disabled. Please enter your call forwarding number, then press #.
- Once you hear the prompt above, enter the phone number or extension number you wish to forward calls to, then press the # key. The prompt will then read:
Call Forwarding is enabled.
- As soon as the prompt has finished, the call will end and call forwarding will be enabled.
How Do I DISABLE Call Forwarding?
Call Forwarding can NOT be disabled from an extension other than the one it was initially enabled on.
- Dial *62 on your phone. The following prompt will play:
Call Forwarding is enabled, press 1 to disable Call Forwarding. Press 2 to listen to your Call Forwarding number.
- After pressing 1, the prompt will then read:
Call Forwarding is disabled.
- The call will then end and call forwarding will be disabled.