Yealink T29G User's Guide
Below is a diagram of a Yealink T29G IP Phone. The features, keys, and functions you will learn
throughout this user's guide will be the same across most Yealink phone models.
Line Keys: Allow you to select a line to dial out from or to resume a call you have on hold.
Soft Keys: Stuff like History, Do Not Disturb, Directory, etc.
Volume: Adjusts the volume (ringing and while on the phone)
Loud Speaker: Places a call on loud speaker (or “speakerphone”)
Voicemail: Allows you to edit your voicemail and check messages.
Directory: Stores contacts and lists the extensions of other people.
Hold (Private): Places a call on hold. (Private hold, just for your extension)
Transfer: Allows you to transfer calls.
Conference: Initiates the conferencing function.
Headset: Turns on or off the connection to a wired or wireless headset.
Mute: Mute button while on a call otherwise Do Not Disturb.
Extension Keys: Allows you to select an extension to dial or a call parking slot.
The How To’s
1. The extension keys (across from the Line Keys) can be programmed to do anything, like Speed Dial, Call Hold (call parking), etc.
Transfer a Call:
1. While you are on a call, press the transfer button.
2. At this point, you may dial a phone number or extension, or press an extension button to transfer the call.
a. Please note, if you choose to dial a number or extension you must press the transfer button again to complete the transfer. You can also push OK/Send.
Place a Call on Hold (Private hold, just for your extension):
1. While you are on a call, press the hold button.
2. The line will Flash, showing that the call is on hold.
3. Press the flashing line button to resume the call.
Parking a Call (Holding a call that can be picked up from other phones):
1. While on a call, press a Call Park extension key.
2. It will turn Red, showing that the call has been placed on hold and now can be resumed on a different phone if desired.
3. Press a Red Call Park button to resume the call.
1. Press the Voicemail button.
2. Follow the voice prompts.
a. Press 1 to listen to messages
b. Press 0 to change your voicemail message.
c. “Unavailable Message” is what callers normally hear if you don’t pick up.
d. “Busy Message” is what callers hear when you REJECT their call.
Voicemail Message Options:
Press 5: Repeat Message
Press 6: Next Message
Press 7: Delete
Press 8: Forward message to another extension
1. If the phone is ever behaving strangely, Reboot the Phone!
a. To reboot the phone:
i. Unplug the Power Cord from the back of the phone (black and round).
ii. Plug it back in 10 seconds later.
2. If the Internet ever goes out:
a. The phones will no longer function.
b. Email/Call PrimeVOX Support to turn on Temporary Call Forwarding.
c. We can also pre-program the system to automatically forward to a cell phone if
the phones go offline.