What is an Inbound Route?
The Inbound section of the PBX is where phone numbers are entered and routed to specific features and extensions. This section can be found under the Call Routing tab.
Adding a Group:
Before adding a phone number, you can add a group. Groups can be used to search and filter phone numbers using any criteria you choose. An example of a group name would be a company's location, like "Dallas, TX", so you could group phone numbers by a specific branch.
To add a group:
- Click the "Add Group" button.
- Enter the Group Name.
- Click Submit.
Adding a phone number:
Any local, toll free, or international phone number can be added to the PBX, regardless if it has been ported to PrimeVOX or not. This feature allows users to set up and use their phone system for outbound calls before their phone numbers have been ported, a term called Spoofing.
To add a phone number click the "Add Phone Number" button to add just one phone number, or "Bulk Add" if you wish to add multiple phone numbers at the same time. Next, fill out the general tab and click Submit.
- Phone Number (Only Required Field): Field to enter the phone number you wish to add.
- Caller ID: Desired caller ID. This field only works for calls between PrimeVOX and other PrimeVOX customers. It does not update your actual caller ID in the national caller ID database.
- Description: Field used to describe the phone number.
- CallerID Prefix: Any text entered into this field will be added to a phone call and displayed in front of a caller’s ID. Example: Company XYZ has two phone numbers. One for English speakers and one for Spanish speakers. A Spanish speaking individual calls the Spanish phone number. Though both numbers ring the same phones, staff see “Spanish:” in front of the caller’s ID so they know to pick up the call and answer in Spanish.
- Group: Allows you to select a group if previously added
Enabling e911 on a Phone Number:
After adding your first phone number, you'll notice that e911 column has a red "x" and a No next to it. This indicates that emergency services have not been enabled on the phone number, which is needed on at least one phone number to be able to add extensions to the PBX.
To enable e911 on a phone number, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "e911 Request" and the following information:
- PBX ID and Tenant
- Name of Business (or customer's name if a residential account)
- Service address to where emergency services should be sent
- The phone number you would like Emergency Calling Service/911 enabled on
Additional Tabs When Editing a Phone Number:
- Ringtone: Allows for the ringtone to be changed for when a call is received on a specific phone number.
- Voice Destination Type: The type of feature a to send calls to.
- Destination: The destination calls should be sent to.
Fax Detection: This feature should only be used if a phone number is being used to receive BOTH voice and fax traffic. If the phone number is only being used for voice traffic, or only being used for fax, set the above settings and disregard this section.
- Fax Destination Type: The type of feature a to send faxes to.
- Destination: The destination faxes should be sent to.
- SMS to Email: Enter an email address in this field if you would like copies of text messages sent to this phone number to be sent to an email address. Only one (1) email address can be added.
- SMS Subscribers (SIP and Push Notifications): This section is only used for users that would like text messages to be sent to their physical desk phones.
In this tab you can enable or disable the recording of inbound or outbound calls. Enabling call recording may subject your account to additional fees. Please consult your state and/or country's laws regarding call recording before enabling this feature.
The advanced tab is primarily used to change the Music on Hold Album that will play when a caller calls the number you're editing. The other options in this tab may be unavailable at this time or related to the PrimeVOX answering service.
This tab is where a user would insert their URL, this could be for a CRM or other software, that the phone system would send real-time events to.
This tab shows a log of all changes that have been made to a phone number.
Please sign in to leave a comment.