Grandstream User's Guide
Below is a diagram of a Grandstream GXP2130 IP phone. The features, keys, and functions you
will learn throughout this user's guide will be the same across all Grandstream phone models.
Line Keys: Allow you to select a line to dial out from or to resume a call you have on hold.
Soft Keys: Allow you to select what you would like to do with a call.
Volume: Adjusts the volume.
Loud Speaker: Places a call on loud speaker.
Voicemail: Allows you to edit your voicemail and check messages.
Phone Book: Stores contacts.
Hold: Places a call on hold.
Transfer: Allows you to transfer calls.
Conference: Initiates the conferencing function.
Headset: Turns on or off the connection to a wired or wireless headset.
Mute/Do Not Disturb: Mute button while on a call otherwise do not disturb.
Extension Keys: Allows you to select an extension to dial or a call parking slot.
The How To’s
1. To dial one of these extensions, simply press the extension you would like to call.
Transfer a Call:
1. While you are on a call, press the transfer button. This is can also be done through a soft key at the bottom of the screen, which is recommended.
2. At this point, you may dial a number or extension, or press an extension button to transfer the call.
a. Please note, if you choose to dial a number or extension you must press the soft key that says “transfer” in order to actually transfer the call.
Place a Call on Hold:
1. While you are on a call, press the hold button.
2. The line will Flash Red, showing that the call is on hold.
3. Press the flashing line button to resume the call.
Parking a Call:
1. While on a call, press a Call Hold button, located on the extension keys, that is Green.
2. It will turn Red, showing that the call has been placed on hold and now can be resumed on a different phone if desired.
3. Press a Red Call Hold button to resume the call.
1. Press the Voicemail button.
2. Follow the voice prompts.
a. Press 1 to listen to messages
b. Press 0 to change your voicemail message.
c. “Unavailable Message” is what callers normally hear if you don’t pick up.
d. “Busy Message” is what callers hear when you REJECT their call.
1. In order for the conference button to work you must already be on a call with the first person you would like to start the conference call with.
2. While on a call press the conference button. This will place the current call on hold.
3. Dial a number, extension, or press an extension key. Press the soft key that says dial.
4. Once the party picks up press the soft key that says ConfCall. This will now link you, the original call, and the new call together.
5. Repeat up to 8 times.
6. You may select the soft key Kick to kick a person out of the conference call.
1. If the phone is ever behaving strangely, Reboot the Phone!
a. To reboot the phone:
i. Unplug the Power Cord from the back of the phone (black and round).
ii. Plug it back in 10 seconds later.
2. If the Internet ever goes out:
a. The phones will no longer function.
b. Email/Call PrimeVOX Support to turn on Temporary Call Forwarding.
c. We can also pre-program the system to automatically forward to a cell phone if
the phones go offline.