How do I provision my Polycom phone?
NOTE: If the phone you are about to provision was previously purchased from or provisioned by another service provider, please reset your phone before proceeding with the following steps.
You will need the following information to complete the steps below:
A. The IP address of the Polycom phone. On the phone, navigate to Menu > Settings > Status > Network > TCP/IP Parameters; and
B. The Provisioning URL. From the PBX Admin Portal, navigate to Extensions > Provisioning.
1. Launch your internet browser (Google Chrome is preferred).
2. Enter the IP address (item A above) of the Polycom phone into the browser.
- Some Polycom models require https:// to be entered before the IP address in the browser; others require http://. Try both to see what works!
3. When prompted enter the default login/password of admin / 456.
4. Navigate to Settings > Provisioning Server.
- Set Server Type to HTTP.
- Enter the Provisioning URL (item B above) into the Server Address field.
5. Underneath DHCP Menu > Boot Server set the dropdown to Static
6. Click Save. The phone should automatically reboot and set itself up.
Please sign in to leave a comment.