A common practice when troubleshooting and provisioning IP devices is the factory reset, or a full restoration of the phone to its factory settings.
It is important to understand that while factory resetting a phone is a great backup plan if a device is not working properly, all of the localized settings on the device are lost when you factory reset. While you can reconfigure your phones with auto provisioning or configuration files that can be easily reapplied to the phone, it is important to remember to do so.
How do I factory reset my Yealink Phone?
- Applies to Yealink model TxxG Phones (T29G shown here):
1. Press and hold down the OK button for 10 seconds.
Note: For T57 Series, Hold the Redial button for 10 seconds.
- The LED screen will display a prompt Reset To Factory.
2. Select the OK softkey to confirm.
- The LED screen will display a prompt Reset To Factory
- Next, the LED screen will display Initializing Please Wait (which can take a minute or even two for completion). AT THIS TIME, DO NOT POWER OFF THE PHONE.
Note: Upon completion of the factory reset the default password is admin (under advanced settings). See below how to enter it correctly using the keypad.
- If you are having a problem with the default password:
There could be a few reasons that after a factory reset and attempting the default password of admin it will not work. The following is the most possible explanation:
A. INCORRECT: Using the key pad numbers "23465" to simply spell out admin is not correct.
B. CORRECT: Navigate to Menu > Advanced. Use the key pad to spell out admin as follows: 2 key for a, 3 key for d, 6 key for m, 4 key (3 times quickly) for i, and then the 6 key (2 times quickly) for n.