Locking a Yealink desk phone will prevent unauthorized users from accessing the phone's menu, call history, directory, etc. It will also prevent unauthorized users from being able to dial out of the phone except when calling emergency services.
How do I Lock my Yealink desk phone with a PIN?
Before you lock your phone, you'll want to change the phone's default PIN code.
1. Start by accessing the Menu and selecting Settings.
2. Under Basic Settings, scroll down to the Change PIN option.
3. Enter the Old PIN, the default is 123. Scroll down to enter your new PIN and scroll down again to confirm your new PIN.
4. Once you save your new PIN you'll be brought back to the previous menu. Scroll down and select Phone Lock.
5. Enter your PIN when prompted then scroll to the left or right under Lock Enable to enable or disable the phone lock feature.
6. Lastly, scroll down to option 3, Auto Lock, to set the duration of time the phone will automatically lock after. This option is in seconds and can be anywhere from 0 to 3600.