Call Transition Methods
There are multiple methods of passing a call from one user to another, the most common of which are "call transfer" and "call parking." PrimeVOX recommends call parking over call transfers, as call parking offers the ability to ensure the caller is transferred to the correct recipient, and allows the recipient the added benefit of politely declining the caller or getting more background information from the answering user before taking the call.
What is a Blind Transfer?
A blind transfer sends a call directly to another extension or outside phone number without notice of where the call originated: the recipient of the transfer would only see an incoming call. The Transfer feature is activated by pressing a pre-programmed Soft Key, which is only visible while on a call, or a dedicated Transfer key.
Example of Transfer Key and Soft Key locations for Yealink T54W
How do I Blind Transfer a call from a desk phone?
1. Press the “Transfer” Soft Key, or dedicated transfer button, to start the blind transfer.
2. Dial the extension number or outside phone number of the person you would like to transfer the call to.
3. Press the “Transfer” Soft Key, or dedicated transfer button, again to complete the transfer.
Pro Tip: If your phone has quick dial keys programmed on the screen for other extensions, you can replace steps 2 and 3 by just clicking the quick dial key.
How do I Blind Transfer a call from a Softphone?
1. While on a call, tap the “Transfer” icon to start a blind transfer.
2. Dial the extension number or outside phone number, or select a contact, of the person you would like to transfer the call to.
3. Tap the “Transfer” icon again to complete the transfer.
What is Call Parking?
Call Parking allows a user to put a call on hold at one phone and continue the conversation from any other phone using the same system. A Call Park feature is activated by pressing a pre-programmed Extension Key (usually labeled Hold or Park and numbered usually between 1-4, though there is no limit on Park keys). In addition to being programmed to Extension Keys on a device, each call parking line has its own extension number. This extension can be used to park a call using a Softphone or Cordless phone. If you do not know your Call Park extensions, please inquire with your system administrator.
If the light on the extension key is GREEN, that Call Park line is available.
If the light on the extension key is RED, there is a call parked on that Call Park line.
Example of Extension Key locations for Yealink T54W
How do I use Call Park from a desk phone?
1. While on a call, press any GREEN Call Park extension key.
2. The Call Park extension key will turn RED, showing that the call has been parked (placed on hold).
3. To resume the call, press the RED Call Park extension key from any phone on your phone system.
How do I use Call Park from a Softphone?
1. While on a call, transfer the caller to a Call Parking extension to place the caller on hold. If you do not know your Call Park extensions, please inquire with your system administrator.
2. To resume the call, another user can dial the same call park extension number on their Softphone, or press the corresponding Call Park line on their desk phone.