Depending on how AnswerCARE has been set up, the number of Agencies, Urgent boxes, Non-Urgent boxes, DISA Lines, Spoofing lines, Configurations, and Settings, PrimeVOX AnswerCARE troubleshooting can be very simple or very complex however, understanding the core basics can help you identify and resolve issues quickly.
- Definitions & Concepts
Start with the Number
Verify that your Spoofing Line, DISA Number, and Forwarding Lines are all set up/routed properly. This is the core routing/call flow for your system.
- Please reference the Typical Configurations Guide below for reference:
Accounts, Greetings & On-Call Groups
- Make sure the Account is associated with the correct Spoofing Line.
To Verify this, Go to Answering Service > Agencies and select the Account you would like to verify. Here you can see, edit, or update the associated Spoofing Line.
- Make sure the appropriate Greeting is active and the Menu Options are routed appropriately.
To Verify this, Go to Answering Service > Agencies and select the Account you would like to verify. Under the “Greetings” section, you can see the active greetings. Additionally, you can click each Greeting to see the Menu Options for each greeting.
- Make Sure the Agent On-Call and Schedule Settings reflect the Customer’s Needs.
To Verify this, Go to Answering Service > Agencies and select the Account you would like to verify. Under the “On-Call Groups” section, you can select the appropriate On-Call Group, Modify On-Call Agents, and modify the schedule.
Urgent Boxes Can be found by navigating to Answering Svc > Agencies > Selecting the Agency > Urgent Boxes
- Verify the Agent’s Box Name, Box Number and Access Code are correct.
- Verify the Agent’s Urgent Box Settings are correct by double-checking the contact information including the Primary Contact Number, Primary Contact Email, and Primary Notification Settings are correct.
- Verify the Agent’s Backup Contact information is correct.
- Verify the Time Zone Settings are correct and reflecting the Agents Geographical Location. This is particularly important if the customer is not receiving calls during the offset Time Zone window.
Non-Urgent Boxes Can be found by navigating to Answering Svc > Agencies > Selecting the Agency > Non-Urgent Boxes
- Verify the Non-Urgent Box This includes the Box Name, Box Number, and Access Code. Make sure the Access Code and information are correct and reflects the customers information.
- Verify the Email Address is correct.
If the customer is not receiving AnswerCARE Email notifications, verify the customer has email@example.com “Whitelisted” and that the notifications are not being blocked by a Spam/Junk filter with the customer's email service.
The Reports section is one of the most important utilities when troubleshooting AnswerCARE. Reports can be found by navigating to Answering Svc > Reports
- Call History Reports allow you to view call history from inbound callers, agent DISA lines, etc. to audit phone calls.
- On-Call Agent/Greeting Logs can be used to Run reports on changes to on-call agents and greetings. Shows when and how each agent/greeting was activated.
- Utilization Reports show a report on the total amount of agencies, boxes, greetings, etc. for billing and auditing purposes.
After utilizing all aspects of the PrimeVOX AnswerCARE Troubleshooting Guide, if you are still unable to identify and resolve the issue, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Please include specific information when requesting support for AnswerCARE, i.e.: account, number, time called, etc. As usual, we are always happy to help and provide Stellar Support!